The Congregation of the Sisters of the Divine Savior was the second foundation established by Fr. Francis Mary of the Cross Jordan with collaboration of Therese von Wüllenweber who shared Jordan's vision. The Congregation began in 1888. By 1890 Fr. Jordan sent priests and brothers to serve in Northeast India. In 1891 Mother Mary of the Apostles (Therese von Wüllenweber) sent sisters to work with the women and children of the new Indian mission.
Mother Mary of the Apostles loved the missions. She felt that women should be able to serve as true collaborators in every type of apostolic work, with special attention directed toward the needs of women and children. Salvatorian Sisters collaborate with other members of our Salvatorian Family (Salvatorian Priests and Brothers, Lay Salvatorians), sharing a particular spirit of universality inherited from our Founder. They choose to live by common values, work for the same goals, and share resources.
Currently there are about 1200 sisters working in 29 countries worldwide. At this time Salvatorian Sisters are not present in Australia. If you want to find out more information about Sisters go to links below.
Links to Salvatorian Sisters websites